IMPORTANT: Please make sure you have reviewed all information on the UCLA Asian American Studies Center Funding site BEFORE you apply.
Use this form for the following:
- Scholarships Jane Lin Memorial Scholarship; Nhat H. Tran M.D. Scholarship; Angie Kwon Memorial Scholarship; Toshio & Chiyoko Hoshide Scholarship; Reiko Uyeshima & Family Scholarships; Chidori Aiso Memorial Scholarships; John Kubota Scholarship in Japanese American Studies
- Internships George and Lily Kagawa Award for Asian American and Pacific Islander Health Research Internship; George and Sakaye Aratani Community Internship; 21st Century Internship; Stanley Kwok Lau and Dora Wong Lau Memorial Internships in Chinese American Studies; The Yuen Fong and Lew Oy Toy Family Internship in Chinese American Studies
- Best Paper Scholarships Hiram Wheeler Edwards Best Paper Scholarship for the Study of World War II Internment Camps & Japanese Americans; Professor Harry H.L. Kitano Best Paper Scholarship; Rose Eng Chin & Helen Wong Eng Best Paper Scholarship; Ben & Alice Hirano Academic Best Paper Scholarship; Tsugio & Miyoko Nakanishi Best Paper Scholarship in Asian American Literature & Culture
Awards are provided from endowments and special funds that were established through the generosity of donors to the UCLA Asian American Studies Center. Grants, Fellowships, Scholarships, and Internships are given for community-oriented research, creative projects, campus or community service experience, and internships with specified community organizations. Awards range from $20,000 to $100, but are subject to change from year to year. For any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit this application and upload your proposal or paper.
- You can submit only one proposal or paper for each specific Grant, Fellowship, or Internship.
- You can submit to multiple grant, fellowships, internships or scholarships.
- You must state the proposal or paper title for the Fellowship, Internship, or Best Paper Scholarship that it is being applied to.
- Students can submit old papers they have written for academic coursework or newly written papers or proposals.
- Double-space your papers, essays or proposals and use a 12-pt. standard font (e.g. Times New Roman).
- Only complete applications will be considered for review. Application packages with incomplete information and/or copies will be disqualified.
- For all Scholarships, Grants, and Internships, the applicant must be a registered continuing undergraduate student enrolled at UCLA in the upcoming academic year for Fall, Winter, Spring quarters and can include Summer if applicable.
- Applicant can be enrolled in any departmental major program at UCLA.
- Additional eligibility or criteria requirements for specific Scholarship, Grant, and Internship may be listed as specified by the fund purpose.
- Applicant can be of any race or ethnicity and academic discipline for most Scholarship, Grant, and Internship.