IMPORTANT: Please make sure you have reviewed all information on the UCLA Asian American Studies Center Funding site BEFORE you apply.
Use this form for the following:
- Fellowships Pearl Wang Fellowship; Professor Harry H. L. Kitano Fellowship; Rose Eng Chin and Helen Wong Eng Fellowship; Tritia Toyota Graduate Fellowship; George and Sakaye Aratani Graduate Fellowship; Dr. Paul and Hisako Terasaki Fellowship
- Internships Dr. Sanbo and Kazuko Sakaguchi Internship; George and Lily Kagawa Award for Asian American and Pacific Islander Health Research Internship; 21st Century Internship
- Best Paper Scholarships Wei-Lim Lee Memorial Best Paper Scholarship; Hiram Wheeler Edwards Best Paper Scholarship for the Study of World War II Internment Camps & Japanese Americans; Professor Harry H.L. Kitano Best Paper Scholarship; Rose Eng Chin & Helen Wong Eng Best Paper Scholarship; Ben & Alice Hirano Academic Best Paper Scholarship; Tsugio & Miyoko Nakanishi Best Paper Scholarship in Asian American Literature & Culture
Awards are provided from endowments and special funds that were established through the generosity of donors to the UCLA Asian American Studies Center. Grants, Fellowships, Scholarships, and Internships are given for community-oriented research, creative projects, campus or community service experience, and internships with specified community organizations. Awards range from $20,000 to $100, but are subject to change from year to year. For any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Graduate Student Fellowships, internships, and Best Paper Scholarships, the applicant must be a registered continuing graduate student enrolled at UCLA in the upcoming academic year from July to June for Fall, Winter, Spring quarters, and Summer sessions if applicable.
- Applicant can be enrolled in any departmental major or graduate program at UCLA.
- Applicant can be of any race or ethnicity and academic discipline at UCLA for all grants, fellowships, scholarships, and internships.
- Additional eligibility or criteria requirements for specific grants, fellowships, internships and scholarships may be listed.
- Submit this application and upload your proposal or paper.
- You can submit only one proposal or paper for each specific Grant, Fellowship, or Internship.
- You can submit to multiple grants, fellowships, internships or scholarships.
- You must state the proposal or paper title for the Fellowship, Internship, or Best Paper Scholarship that it is being applied to.
- Students can submit old papers they have written for academic coursework or newly written papers or proposals.
- Double-space your papers, essays or proposals and use a 12-pt. standard font (e.g. Times New Roman).
- Only complete applications will be considered for review. Application packages with incomplete information and/or copies will be disqualified.